Thursday, 25 April 2013

Damn, multi-player game is so complicate!

I have got my single player version of Spade game working for a while and I have been quite excited with that - until I started working on the multi-player side - which made me so depressed... Damn, multi-player game is so complicate!

There's so many things to cover in a 4 players card game when there's multiple devices involved. As unlike single player mode where the 3 other computer players can be easily managed, now you could have mixed of 4 physical devices or 2 physical and 2 computer players...

And as things go on, I noticed the code have grown bigger and quiet difficult to manage. Debugging is also a nightmare as I now have to switch between the logs of the client and server devices, and work out where the problem came from - and have to test multiple times to make sure my fix doesn't break the single player mode too...

Any way, I am slowly getting there... Just posting a few screens here (running in debug mode, that's why all cards are visible), already changed a lot since the previous one in end of January... Oh, gash I am so slow, it's already end of April! I wish I have 72 hours per day to work on my games...










No comments:

Post a Comment