Sunday, 14 July 2013

The best image background removing site!

One of the biggest problem I have with images/photos download from the net is, don't know how to remove the background. As this will not only make the image file much smaller, with the background removed, you can then nicely display it on top of any other areas as required.

Have been trying quite a few sites recently, but most of them requires you to click on a spot, it picks up the colour of that spot, then change all the areas with the same colour to transparent. This only works well in very limited range of images, and always failed quite badly with images that have shadows. Imagine clicking on a dark grey coloured area to remove the shadow, but it also turns every dark colours spot of the image into transparent, damn!

Today, I finally found what I have been looking for: ClippingMagic, the best tool I have ever used for removing image background!

First you upload the image, and while uploading a small popup at the right hand already provided all you need to know about how to use it. Very simple - just mark the areas that's required in green, and mark the areas to be removed in red. And then everything else will be taken cared of quite nicely. Don't believe me? Let me give you an example.

As shown below, I have an image of a robot dog downloaded from the net. I quickly marked a few areas in green, and white spaces to be removed in red, and it automatically removed most the background and indicates the areas it detected in yellow. But it missed the areas under the ears and inside the tail (as it's fully closed inside the image and not linked to other white background area), so I expanded it a bit using the magnifying glass, marked it as red (can see the red square is much smaller), and it then nicely detected and removed the background in those areas as well. Done in less than 1 minute, click on "Download" to download it, and I now have a nice robot dog image with all the background removed, how cool is that?

Give it a go and I think you will love it too!

[Update 2013-07-20]
Just found that unfortunately Safari isn't supported, have to use Chrome or FireFox....

No comments:

Post a Comment