Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Ideas learned from line drawing game "Blek"

I remember back in 2011, I created this post talking about not that easy to make a line drawing game. Now, if you look at this tutorial from Ray Wenderlich, you basically got everything covered! How I wish there was something like this a few years back!

One of the main thing for this post, was this beautiful game Blek, in case you haven't heard about it, have a look at this video:


I quite like it, and was wondering if there's tones of flappy bird clones on the market, how come there's no one copying this much better, nicer game? Well, I did found one short video on YouTube talking about Blek Clone on Android, looks like it's in German but the quality was really awful and I was really disappointed (Note: strangely, can't find the video from blogger when tried to embed it to the post??!! please use the link above)

Using the skills learned from the Line Drawing tutorial, I created a small proof of concept demo project. Not finished yet as there's nothing to collide with, and when it hits the border it just stuck there... still got some more work to do, but this kind of "interface" is definitely something worth exploring. The question then, is what sort of game would it be suitable for? No, I am not going to make a Blek Clone, just looking for ideas with this kind of interesting line drawing method.... You draw something, and it will keep repeating again, again and again... Any suggestions any one?


No comments:

Post a Comment