Monday, 22 September 2014

Can't start development on iOS8 yet :-(

Got hold of a colleague's iPhone 6 at work today, just want to see how my games look like in the bigger screen size, plugged it in and XCode says..... iOS 8 not support!! What the....

Well, same story as last time when iOS 7 was released... Have to upgrade XCode to XCode 6 first, and before that have to upgrade to OS X 10.9 first..... Unfortunately I have been forced to upgrade everything again. Last time I have to pay for OS X 10.8 and at least this time OS X 10.9 is free..... Thanks Apple!

Any of you still waiting for the iPhone 6? Not me. After the bad battery + sleep/wake button issue with my iPhone 5 (plus other experience with latest, greatest, new released software/hardware products...), I prefer to wait for iPhone 6 version 1.1+, no rush, Christmas is still months away.

Also heard about the huge free space requirement for upgrading from iOS 7 to iOS 8, might start with the good old iPad 2 first... Wish me good luck...

[Update 24/Sep/2014]
Another reason I don't like Ver 1.0 of new products: see this video from Bloomberg Business Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment