Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Dashlane sucks! All password wiped out after update!!

There was an update available for Dashlane in App Store and I just installed it about half an hour ago. Later I need to logon to Dropbox, but when I logged in to Dashlane on my iPhone 5, all the previous passwords I entered disappeared!!!

What the #@%$&^%#@^$%*#&!@^#&!!

No, I did not purchase the pro version which allows syncing to iCloud. But the point is, shouldn't there be a warning or something like that before an update been installed??!!

Dashlane sucks! How dare you call yourself "the world's best password manager"?

Will move to another password manager that doesn't wipe all your data without warning when there's an update.

Note: Mine is iPhone 5, still running iOS 7.1.2

[Update 1 - 24/Sep/2014]
Received this email from Dashlane today, so looks like they are working on a fix. My other concern is, not knowing that the data are still on the device, I actually added a few more records in there while testing, some contains overlapping data. Wonder if that's going to cause any problem?? Can't do much but to wait and see then...


[Update 2 - 24/Sep/2014]
Have a look at the comments section of this dashlane blog update to see how many frustrated customers facing exactly same issue like me...

I also submitted my concern there, but probably because I mentioned this blog plus this post, it's not showing up on their blog. Like my complaint, wonder how many more complaints were not shown on their blog just to make it looks like only "a few" customers were impacted....


[Update 3 - 30/Sep/2014]
Received another email as below, still not much progress.....

[Update 4 - 13/Oct/2014]
Received this email on 3rd October saying the problem will be fixed just by installing the latest update, and will upgrade my account status to free Premium for life.

Well, guess what? I installed the update on my iOS 7 iPhone 5, and my data still not recovered. I tapped on "Go Premium" button, and it still asked me to pay $37.99 for 1year, $64.00 for 2 years..... Where's my "free premium for life"??

[Update 30/Oct/2014]
Please see this latest post for update of the Dashlane issue.

9 comments:

  1. This happened to me, also. It is a pain. Will you post which one you went with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure, will let you know if I found a better one!

      Delete
  2. I just tried to open Dashlane and all my passwords are gone. What good is a password keeper program that you can't trust. I didn't have the Premium version and I didn't have sync turned on but you better believe that I will bash this product over and over because it's not trustworthy. I had passwords on here that are not recoverable. Piece of shiat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you tried restoring from iTune? I might give that a go. AS I just had a backup last week while waiting for the battery replacement.

      Delete
    2. This program was working well for me until the most recent update. But now you can add me to the list of users who will not be continuing to use Dashlane as it is unreliable. This glitch just shows how important backups are. I'll be able to recover most of my passwords from my Windows password manager, Password Safe, but will have to find a suitable replacement for the iPad.

      Delete
    3. Totally agree!

      I think after they fixed the problem, they should offer some compensation to all the users for this. May be 1 full year of free membership or something like that??

      Delete
    4. I am furious! There has been no,communication for 6 days. If your tech staff is not sharp enough to correct this I am not conifident in their ability to protect my passwords!

      Delete
  3. I also did a Dashlane update this morning from my iPhone. Needless to say, none of my NUMEROUS passwords are there now! It didn't recognize my device, although it's been on that device over a year! Maybe everyone should go to their Facebook site to let everyone know what NOT to do...use Dashlane! No, I do not have the IOS 8, nor have I done any iPhone updates recently...all related to updating my Dashlane app...what a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try onelock.com. They have app also.

    ReplyDelete